Other activities

There's more than just walking, cycling and horse riding here from fishing to photography.


Fishing is permitted on many of the waterbodies within the jurisdiction of the Trust.  Before you head out, please read our fishing code for more information on where to fish and our byelaws on fishing.

Fishing Code (PDF)

Hang gliding and paragliding

Paragliders and hang gliders should contact the local club before flying on the Malverns.  You are required to be CP rated and have 15 hours experience to fly on the Malverns.

Malvern Hang Gliding Club (external link)

Model aeroplanes and drones

Model aeroplanes and drones require permission to be flown on land under the care of the Trust.  We've put together a policy for drones and model aircraft with more information on the types of flight we can provide permission for.  If you're flying a drone with a camera for filming or photography purposes, please complete an application form.

Drone and model aeroplane policy (PDF)

Drone application form (Word doc.)

Take a look at our bylaws (PDF)

Sports clubs and activities

Planning an sporting event or activity on the Hills or Commons?  Please read our event guidelines and send us a completed application form so we can look to provide you with the right permissions.  All events will be listed on our events pages.

Please be aware that organisers of public events and activities on land under the care of the Trust must provide evidence of their Public Liability Insurance cover (minimum £5 million).

Events Guidelines (PDF)

Events Application form (Word doc.)

Events listing

Photography and filming

If you're looking to the Hills for a stunning backdrop to your advertisement, film or commercial photography contract, please fill in our application form below and get in touch to arrange permissions for your project.

Please be aware that drone flying is only permitted with prior written agreement from the Trust.

Commercial photography and filming application form (Word doc.)

Drone Policy (PDF)