This committee advises the Board and some of its primary functions are to:
- Seek to ensure that the Malvern Hills Trust always acts within its powers, complies with charity legislation and acts in accordance with best practice
- Monitor the performance of the Board and its committees and compliance with Standing Orders and the Code of Conduct for its members
- Ensure that there is an appropriate risk management system in place
- Monitor the internal governance arrangements and policies to ensure they are up-to-date
- Oversee a system of induction and training for Board members
Meeting agenda (PDF)
Meeting papers (PDF)
Meeting minutes (PDF)
Previous meeting minutes (PDF)
Temporary arrangements during Covid-19 restrictions
The Trust may hold virtual meetings (with trustees taking part by video link or by telephone) whilst it is not possible to hold face-to-face meetings.
All the Board meetings are open to the public, except where personnel matters or commercially sensitive matters are to be discussed or where legal professional privilege applies. These virtual meetings will now be open to the public by way of a link to a streaming service and the link will be published on the agenda. This will not apply to any part of a meeting where exempt/confidential business is discussed.
Members of the public may submit a short statement (which will take no longer than 3 minutes to read out loud) to a virtual Board or standing committee meeting. This must be received no later than 12 noon, one clear day before the meeting (e.g. for a meeting on a Thursday evening, by 12 noon on Tuesday).
For a committee meeting, the statement must be relevant to a matter on the agenda for the meeting.
Statements submitted before the deadline will be posted on the Trust’s website (where possible), circulated to trustees and read out verbatim at the meeting. The Trust reserves the right not to publish or read out any statements which contain information which may be defamatory or are otherwise in breach the law.
Please note that our meeting agendas will be added prior to upcoming meetings. Meeting minutes are signed off at Board meetings therefore some minutes may only be available as draft.